“At the Gateway Arts Center, the door to creativity is open to everyone.”
The Gateway Arts Council’s goal is to make a combination art, culture and history approachable and accessible to people from every walk of life. By establishing an active membership, building relationships with government entities, affiliates, other non-profit organizations, and business sponsors, we will strive to optimize the expansion of the arts and ultimately improve the quality of life for the citizens of Oconee County SC and beyond.
We plan to offer a wide variety of art opportunities from competition shows to themed exhibits; classes from master series to one hour make and takes and events for all ages and all levels of experience.
The Board intends to do this as a “green” organization to set a positive example by sparking imaginations in new ways-from continuous recycled art projects and paperless gallery procedures with hopes to graduate on to vehicle charging stations and solar power.
Professional Board member experience includes:
– previous experience in all aspects of 501(c) 3 operation
– extensive classroom; gallery and grant administration
– legal and financial expertise
– award winning artists active within regional and state arts organizations
– development of proven programs and the capability to produce innovative ideas which will provide opportunities to participate in the Visual arts in varied situations
– community outreach and promotional experience
– dedication to community service and creativity